hilite product family
Medos offers a broad portfolio of oxygenators and reservoirs for neonates up to adults and for a wide range of indications.
hilite oxygenators at a glance
- Trusted and realiable hilite design
- Housing transparency provides visibility during the entire procedure
- Hollow-fiber membranes for consistent performance
- Effective elimination of air via integrated venous bubble trap
- Hemocompatible coating options for different needs
The hilite oxygenators are equipped with microporous hollow fiber membranes (polypropylene fiber) and are available in three sizes:
- hilite 1000 for neonatal patients
- hilite 2800 for pediatric patients
- hilite 7000 for adult patients
hilite LT oxygenator
The hilite LT oxygenators are equipped with plasmatight hollow fiber membranes (polymethylpentene fiber) that prevent plasma leakage during extended use and are available in three sizes:
- hilite 800 LT for neonatal patients
- hilite 2400 LT for pediatric patients
- hilite 7000 LT for adult patients
The pre-assembled combinations of a hilite oxygenator and reservoir is defined as a hilite system. The hilite systems are available with venous hardshell and cardiotomy reservoir.
“In light of these preliminary results, it seems reasonable to continue using the medos hilite 800 LT membrane oxygenators, which have a lower priming volume, a better oxygenation and CO2 removal capacity at the membrane surface and a lower purchasing cost.”
A pilot study comparing two polymethylpentene extracorporeal membrane oxygenators, Perfusion (2013)
Rambaud J, Guilbert J, Guellec I, Renolleau S.
“Pulsatile flow generated significantly higher surplus hemodynamic energy (SHE) than non-pulsatile flow for both oxygenators under all flow rates ….During pulsatile flow, the HILITE 2400 LT reserved more SHE than the Quadrox-iD Pediatric oxygenator at all flow rates.”
Evaluation of two pediatric polymethylpentene membrane oxygenators with pulsatile and non-pulsatile Perfusion, Perfusion (2011)
Feng Qiu, Sameer Khan, Jonathan Talor, Allan Kunselman, Akif Ündar