iLA Membrane Ventilator – the only pump-free extrapulmonary gas exchange system in the world
- The iLA Membrane Ventilator “breathes” on behalf of the patient outside the patient’s body and assists the native lung with some of the gas exchange work.
- Arterio-venous vascular access, the gas exchange capacity is controlled via the sweepgas flow
- Sufficient CO2 removal
- Extremely low flow resistance
- Application period up to 29 days
- All clinical situations in which sufficient gas exchange, especially sufficient CO2 removal, cannot be achieved in spite of strict ventilation providing lung protection.
- All clinical situations in which spontaneous breathing requires an additional effort from the patient, or where the breathing pump is about to fatigue.
- For potential breathing support during ventilation weaning